Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Super Simple Alphabet Board

This project is fast and easy and customizable to your materials or talents.  It's perfect for a child around age 2 and just starting to learn letters.  And bonus cool point: it only cost me $2!

Materials:

- Cookie sheet (spray painted or left silver) - $1 at Dollar Tree
- Magnetic Letters - $1 at Walmart
- PICK ONE OPTION: 1) Adhesive backed vinyl - 2) Cardstock and Mod Podge - 3) Letter stickers

How To:

1) If you're going to paint your cookie sheet, do that first.  I used blackboard spray paint.

2) Cut out your letters.  There are so many ways you can do this.  I used my Cricut and the sticky vinyl.  I made my letters 1.25" tall and they matched perfectly.  If you don't have vinyl, you can use card stock and just glue/seal them onto the sheet.  You could also use alphabet stickers or even print some off on the computer.  For all the super lazy people out there, you could just grab a sharpie and write the letters yourself.  I also chose to use the same color vinyl as the magnetic letters.


3) Plan out your letters on the sheet then glue or stick them down!  That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment